Thank you for your interest in becoming a substitute teacher for Diboll ISD.
Diboll ISD invites substitute teacher applications and considers candidates with valid Texas teaching certification, ACP candidates, student teacher/education majors, and out-of-state certified teachers. All other applications for substitute teaching are considered subject to DISD requirements during the school year.
We also invite applications for substitute paraprofessional/aide positions, and, substitute nurses with valid Texas LVN License and CPR.
Please include all relevant qualifications, information and references in your application.
The hiring process may take several weeks before the new substitute is eligible to start work and the process is the same for all applicants, including former employees and substitutes.
- Bachelor/Associate degree, High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid teaching certificate preferred but not required
- Pass Criminal Background Check
- Attend a substitute orientation session
for the Online Application for Substitute Teacher.
- Complete the Online Application through Region 7 Consortium
1. Certified Teacher select "Professional"
2. All others select "Support Staff"
3. Attach your application to the Substitute Teaching job.
- Upon submission and acceptance, an additional form will be sent to your email. Please complete and submit this form for your background check. Your application cannot be processed until we receive this form.
Fingerprinting is required for everyone; therefore, the Human Resource office will assist you with this process.
- The Human Resource department will review all applications and contact selected applicants by email with the date of orientation.
- Credentials needed: Copy of college transcript, I-9 identification such as driver’s license and Social Security card, and a voided check for Direct Deposit purposes.
Applicants with less than 45 college credit hours; must submit a copy of their High School Diploma or GED.
- We respectfully request you dress in "business casual" when submitting your paperwork and when attending the substitute training session.
After you receive an email with your Absence Management (Aesop) login and your ID badge, you are ready to start substitute employment.
A substitute teacher is the most challenging, exciting, and creative jobs in the school system. Without substitute teachers, the regular classroom would be unable to function. The substitute role is not an easy one to perform, but with support from other professionals in our schools you can make an outstanding contribution to the education of our students.
2017-2018 Substitute Teacher Orientation Schedule
What to Bring to the Substitute Orientation
You will need to bring the following items with you to the orientation:
- A copy of your high school diploma, GED or college transcript.
- Original proof of identity and employment eligibility. A valid driver's license and social security card are acceptable.
August 17, 2017 @ 2:00 p.m.
September 8, 2017 @ 10:00 a.m.
October 17, 2017 @ 10:00 a.m.
Diboll ISD Administration Office
215 North Temple Blvd.
Diboll, TX 75941
Substitute Pay Rate
Certified Teacher - PK-8th $75.00/day
9th-12th grade $85.00/day
Non-Certified Teacher - PK-8th $65.00/day
9th-12th grade $70.00/day
Paraprofessional Sub - $60.75/day
Cafeteria Sub - $8.10/HR
Custodial Sub - $8.10 /HR
Thank you for your interest in Diboll ISD!
Substitute Eligibility Letter for Health Coverage
Substitutes are required to work a minimum of 10 days per semester; failure to do so will result in termination. Once terminated, in order to reactivate your substitute status, a new application will need to be submitted online and you will be processed as a new substitute.