Thank you for your interest in working as a substitute employee with Diboll ISD.
The Human Resource office will begin accepting substitute applications for the 2017-2018 school year July 1, 2017.
The Diboll Independent School District places a high value on quality instruction and realizes that substitute teachers fulfill a vital role in our instructional program.
A substitute teacher is the most challenging, exciting, and creative jobs in the school system. Without substitute teachers, the regular classroom would be unable to function. The substitute role is not an easy one to perform, but with support from other professionals in our schools you can make an outstanding contribution to the education of our students.
Diboll ISD invites substitute teacher applications and considers candidates with valid Texas teaching certification, ACP candidates, student teacher/education majors, and out-of-state certified teachers. All other applications for substitute teaching are considered subject to DISD requirements during the school year.
We also invite applications for substitute paraprofessional/aide positions, and, substitute nurses with valid Texas LVN License and CPR.
Please include all relevant qualifications, information and references in your application.
We hold one meeting per month to process new applications and, if your application is successful, you will receive an email with further information. Do not send any documents or paperwork to Human Resources.
All individuals interested in becoming a substitute teacher for Diboll ISD, must meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor/Associate degree, High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid teaching certificate preferred but not required
- Pass Criminal Background Check
- Attend a substitute orientation session
- Complete and submit the on-line "support staff" substitute application, and provide an active email address for contact. You must submit a current substitute on-line application if you are applying to work as a substitute teacher.
- Pass a fingerprint background check (the fee for the fingerprint process is the responsibility of the applicant.)
Once your substitute application is complete, we will submit your name to the Texas Education Agency for fingerprinting. Once the fingerprinting has been confirmed or a fingerprinting pass arrives, you will be notified by email. Upon completion of fingerprinting, you will receive a second email to complete all required paperwork.
- Diboll ISD will review the information and, if your application is successful,
we will email the date of the scheduled orientation.
Substitute applicants must attend one Substitute Orientation each school year.
- We respectfully request you dress in "business casual" when submitting your paperwork and when attending the substitute training session.
At the orientation, you will complete the hiring paperwork, provide proof of eligibility for employment, and receive information about working as a substitute for Diboll ISD.
After you receive your ID badge, you are ready to start work.
The hiring process may take several weeks before the new substitute is eligible to start work and the process is the same for all applicants, including former employees and substitutes.
All new candidates must complete a "Support Staff" application online and apply for substitute position by attaching their application to the posted position. If you have previously applied for a Support position, use your existing username/password to access your existing application.
2017-2018 Substitute Teacher Orientation Schedule
What to Bring to the Substitute Orientation
You will need to bring the following items with you to the orientation:
- A copy of your high school diploma, GED or college transcript.
- Original proof of identity and employment eligibility. A valid driver's license and social security card are acceptable.
August 17, 2017 @ 2:00 p.m.
September 8, 2017 @ 10:00 a.m.
Diboll ISD Administration Office
215 North Temple Blvd.
Diboll, TX 75941
Substitute Pay Rate
Certified Teacher - PK-8th $75.00/day
9th-12th grade $85.00/day
Non-Certified Teacher - PK-8th $65.00/day
9th-12th grade $70.00/day
Paraprofessional Sub - $60.75/day
Cafeteria Sub - $8.10/HR
Custodial Sub - $8.10 /HR
Thank you for your interest in Diboll ISD!
Substitute Eligibility Letter for Health Coverage
Substitutes are required to work a minimum of 10 days per semester; failure to do so will result in termination. Once terminated, in order to reactivate your substitute status, a new application will need to be submitted online and you will be processed as a new substitute.