Diboll Independent School District

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu
Welcome to Diboll ISD, Home of the Lumberjacks!

Free/Reduced Price Meal Program & FAQs

Diboll ISD participates in the National School Lunch and Breakfast Programs through USDA. Children from households that meet Federal Income Guidelines are eligible for free or reduced-price meals. To apply for free or reduced-price meals, complete the Free and Reduced-Price School Meals Application. Be sure to fill out all required information and return it to your child's school. Please allow up to 10 days for processing.
Online Free/Reduced Applications are now available!
How do I get an application?
Applications are mailed to household before the beginning of each school year.  Applications are available online. They are also available at the school office, the cafeteria, or the Child Nutrition office in the Administration building.  New students are given an application upon registration. You may also call (936) 829-6104 to request an application be sent to you.
Do I need to fill out an application every year?
Yes, you need to fill out a new application every year.
Do I need to fill out an application for every child?
No, please fill out only one application per household. Remember to include all children under the household members section.
How long does it take to process an application?
Upon receipt of a completed application to the Child Nutrition Department, we have ten business days to complete the processing procedure.
Will parents need to pay for a child's lunch until the application is processed?
Yes. If meals are charged before the day a child's application is approved, parents must still pay for all meals charged before application approval date.
What does the school district do to protect the personal information about a child, including their meal benefits?
All information is kept confidential in the Child Nutrition office and is only given to authorized school district officials. All students have meal accounts with an ID number or ID card that must be entered or scanned for every transaction whether paid, reduced or free status. Student eligibility is kept confidential.
Should I reapply if my income changes?
If you are currently not eligible for free meals, you may submit a new application at anytime. Reasons you may want to apply or reapply: if there is a decrease in household income, an increase in household size, become unemployed, receive food stamps or TANF (must include eligibility group number on application), become homeless, have foster children that are placed by the court or a ward of the state, etc.
Should I include proof of income?
Eligibility may be checked at any time during the school year. School officials may require you to send pay stubs as proof of income for your children to continue to receive free or reduced-price meals. If you receive a letter from the Child Nutrition Department requesting proof of income, please send the information in as soon as possible.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: intake@usda.gov.

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.