Our Mission is to provide our students with safe, efficient, and effective transportation to and from school.
Rules of the Road
Many students' first contact with district personnel begins each day when they board a Diboll I.S.D. school bus. The district has 19 bus routes that shuttle students to and from campuses and extracurricular activities throughout the school year and summer months.
Drivers are expected to respect passengers and their parents--be honest, firm and consistent. Students are expected to observe the same rules of conduct on the bus that are required in their classrooms. The bus driver is authorized to assign seats, and all safety rules must be enforced.
Conduct on the Bus
- Remain seated at all times.
- Do not change seats.
- A student shall not refuse to sit in an assigned seat or deny another a place to sit.
- Normal conversation is permitted; any loud noises may distract the driver and create an unsafe condition.
- Scuffling, fighting, and the use of obscene, vulgar, or profane language and gestures are forbidden.
- Do not throw objects inside or out of the bus.
- Do not mark, cut or scratch any part of the bus. Vandalism costs will be paid by the person who is responsible.
- The emergency door and exit controls should be used by the pupils only during supervised drills or actual emergencies.
- Students shall never attempt to operate the passenger door or other driver controls except in cases of extreme emergency.
- Students shall face forward for the duration of the trip, and shall keep their feet on the floor in front of them and out of the bus aisle.
Diboll I.S.D. provides transportation to all students living In the Diboll I.S.D. School District. Twelve regular routes and two special needs routes transport approximately 1,028 students to and from school daily. Diboll I.S.D. has approximately 30 employees in the transportation department including route drivers, bus aides, vehicle maintenance personnel, and office staff.
All requests for vehicles, by DISD employees, must be submitted on a Request for Transportation form.
- Fill out form.
- Send to direct supervisor for approval.
- Supervisor will send request form to Transportation Department.
- The vehicle will then be assigned and posted on DISD intranet website.
- If the vehicle is not available, Transportation Department will send notification to Supervisor.