Substitute Services Information
BECOME A SUBSTITUTE
2023-2024 Substitute Online Application
Thank you for your interest in substitute employment with the Diboll Independent School District. Our online application system (Frontline Education) allows applicants to submit and update application information electronically from any device with internet access. Interested individuals are encouraged to complete an application online.
Completing the substitute application does not guarantee a substitute employee position. In addition, substitute teachers may be terminated from service at any time.
Click this link to complete the application.
Applications will be accepted year round.
DISD Substitute Process:
- All applicants must complete only one (1) online substitute application for substitute positions.
- Teacher/Paraprofessional substitutes: The HR Office will review substitute teacher applications and references. If selected, qualified substitute applicants will be contacted via email with instructions about the next step, and recommended applicants scheduled to attend Substitute Orientation.
- Paraprofessional Substitutes: The Substitute Office will review paraprofessional substitute applications and references. If selected, qualified paraprofessional substitute applicants will be scheduled to attend New Substitute Orientation.
- DISD Retirees: Retirees must complete an online application then contact the HR Office for additional instructions.
Each online application must include:
- Three (3) qualified references: One (1) reference must be from a previous or current work supervisor. References do not need to be school district related; general work-related references are acceptable. We do not accept references from family or friends.
- Work history 3-5 years, preferred
- Applications are not considered complete until three (3) qualified references have replied, work and education history detailed. Completed application must be on file prior to interviewing and/or attending substitute orientation.
- Prior to interview and/or orientation, selected applicants will receive an email confirming the date, time and location of the interview/orientation, a list of required documents to bring with them, and a request to RSVP.
- All substitutes are required to provide a High School or College Transcript at Orientation. College Transcripts must be in a university sealed envelope.
- Certified teachers must also provide a copy of their Teaching Certificate.
- Substitutes will be fingerprinted and required to pass the background check. Instructions for fingerprinting will be provided by the HR office.
- Employment with Diboll ISD is based on having an acceptable criminal history.
- Applications and references will remain active for one year.
Please e-mail [email protected] with any questions.
Substitute Pay Rate
Daily Sub -Degreed/Certified Teacher - PK-12th $120.00/day
Daily Sub - Non Degreed - PK-12th $90.00/day
Cafeteria Sub - $10.00/HR
Custodial Sub - $10.00 /HR
Bus Driver Sub - $17.99 /HR
Substitute Eligibility Letter for Health Coverage
Substitutes are required to work a minimum of 10 days per semester; failure to do so will result in termination. Once terminated, in order to reactivate your substitute status, a new application will need to be submitted online and you will be processed as a new substitute.
Equal Employment Opportunity
*Applicants for all positions are considered without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy, , sexual orientation or gender identity), national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected status. Additionally, the district does not discriminate against an applicant who acts to oppose such discrimination or participates in the investigation of a complaint related to a discriminating employment practice.
In accordance with Title IX, the district does not discriminate on the basis of sex and is required not to discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs or activities. The requirement not to discriminate extends to employment. Inquiries about the application of Title IX may be referred to the district’s Title IX coordinator, to the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights of the Department of Education, or both.
Inquiries about the application of Title IX to employment should be referred to Title IX Coordinator, Julie Bollich, Director of Instruction for Data Analysis & Assessment, 215 N. Temple Diboll, Diboll, TX 75941, [email protected] and (936) 829-4718.