DIBOLL ISD FAMILY EDUCATON CENTER
CLASSES ARE FREE!
TRANSPORTATION FOR DIBOLL RESIDENTS IS FREE!
CHILDCARE DURING CLASS IS FREE!
299 S. Neil Pickett Dr.
Diboll, Texas 75941
GED Class information contact
Debbie Prescott at 829-6989 or
ESL Class information contact
Beatrice Suarez (for Spanish speaking assistance) at 829-3890 or
Nita Hurley at 829-6021
English as a Second Language
Monday - Friday; 8:30AM - 12:00PM
Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon classes for Math and Citizenship
Monday - Thursday; 8:30AM - 12:00PM
Services Provided for Students:
Childcare for all children not in school.
Transportation to and from classes daily.
"The mission of the Diboll Family Education Center is to provide families integrated literacy services that will promote the academic progress of parents and provide skills needed to ensure they are their child's first teacher thus empowering them to become effectively involved in the school and community. The center provides lifelong, continuous learning for a diverse adult population enabling them to overcome barriers in the lives of themselves and their family. The staff strives to ensure once students leave the program they are successful in college, trade school, and/or employment. "
Students must be over 18 or ...
* 16 or 17 with court order and withdrawn from high school
* 18 with parent permission and withdrawn from high school
- Adult Education - learner focused classes
- Parenting Education - monthly tips/classes for parents to help their children improve academically and socially
- Early Childhood Education Classes - readiness and motor/sensory development classes for children
- ILA (Intergenerational Literacy Activities) - monthly activities that involve both the parent and child in a learning activity